Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tests...tests...and more tests.

Two big tests this week, 25% of my grade in Biology and Psychology. Psych was yesterday, and despite studying my derriere off, I'm not expecting an A. It was really tough for me. Lots of those tricky questions where they want you to apply the information you've learned...but of course they have to be sneaky about it! Biology I'm feeling more optimistic about, but there is still an immense amount of information we are expected to know. I'm really trying to get the best grades I can get out of these classes without having a mental breakdown, but boy oh boy, it's a lot of work that's for sure. Despite the heavy load, however, I'm having a really good time. Wish me some luck for my Biology test on Saturday!

On the sewing front...well, really there isn't much of one right now! I had the opportunity to see Bonnie Hunter this coming Saturday, even paid for the workshop and everything, but am not going to be able to go. I have been waiting about a year for this show, so it REALLY stinks. But school is more important. Man - I better make enough money to go on a major fabric shopping spree after I am done and have earned my degree! To make up for all the really good quilty fun I'm sacrificing! Lol*

Alrighty, off to study...story of my life these days. I cook, clean, volunteer for my kids' schools, take care of the babies and help them with their schoolwork, then study, sleep, and do it again the next day. Wheew.

6 comments:

cockermom said...

Hang in there! I remember I was so intimidated when I first started I didn't even want to go anymore at times, but then it gets easier again and all will be well. You will have more good times than you know, nursing school can be so much fun!

Molly said...

Hi there, I was just wondering yesterday how things were going for you! Sounds great...good luck on your test! :)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Good luck with your tests. Just think of how full your brain is getting with all your new knowledge.

julieQ said...

You keep going girl!! I am rooting for you all the way...great job!!

Stephanie D said...

Brave girl! I don't know how moms make it through nursing school with hair intact.

You rock!

Zannah said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you!! I haven't been around for some time (too many other things), but I too am back in college part-time. I have to learn Spanish, as I'm teaching it, so am going to classes twice a week after work - my goodness, it's hard work studying again!!!! Everyone seems to know so much more than I do!!! (PS keep up the quilting for relaxation...)