Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Finally - a Winner!

Thank you for being so patient with me! I started feeling a cold coming on a few days ago, the first I've had in a few years, but still wanted to get out and play with my seeds yesterday. It's been about 40 to 50 degrees out lately, so my littlest and I bundled up and she got to blow bubbles while Mommy braved the garden hose. Of course I ended up soaking myself, but you know I gotta make sure my seeds don't dry out, or I won't have much of a garden this year. I sure paid for it later though, spending the majority of last evening on the sofa with 102 degree temperature and the chills. Hubby has been in Columbus for work the past few days, and thank goodness he's home today! He needs to rest too, but hopefully since the kids are so happy to see him, I might get a little bit of a break!

So anyhow, what you're really interested in is who the give away winner is! I wrote all of your names on a slip of paper (some of you twice!), threw them into a bowl, and drew a name...


I am sending you an email! :) I sure hope you like what I am sending you...



my first pattern! (And a fat quarter to match!) Ok, so it's not as exciting as a book deal, or a baby, or an award! Your guesses all made me feel very good, and I can only wish for any of those wonderful things! :) I am going to teach a beginner's paper piecing class, and show how to make this pattern at a local quilt shop, called Forever Quilting starting in April. The class includes the pattern, but you can also buy it seperately at the shop, if you are already a pro at paper piecing. I also drew up this, which I like to call a "twisted mariner's compass", and will be teaching how to make it beginning in May...

This will also be available seperately as a pattern very soon. I'd have loved to be very prepared but you know being a Mommy, that doesn't always happen, so I can tell you I have plans to sell these patterns and more on Etsy, and I will update you here when that happens.
So thank you all who participated, you all made me feel very good! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so excited! That is an ADORABLE pattern! And I am definitely a beginner at paper piecing. (have never done it!) Thank you SO much!

Anonymous said...

And oops! I hit the button too quick.... take good care of yourself. That is one wicked cold that you got if you have the 102 temp with it. It takes a bit to get over it. I had something similar about a month ago and it took 5 full days before I was functional again. Poor girl! Hope you get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Oh! I knew it! Congrats!! Kim over at Kim's Big Quilting Adventure has done same thing recently...and doing well at Etsy.

Stephanie D said...

Congratulations CPQG! Nice win!

Zannah said...

Well done!!! What a fabulous achievement - you must be so proud of yourself right now. And I have to say that I'm VERY taken with the twisted compass.

And teaching a class too?? This coudl be the start of a whole new career!

Anonymous said...

Hello Valerie, good luck with your new venture.Lovely to see the completed block. Regards Lyn

Mumzie said...

This is so beautiful! I would love to learn how to make such a piece of art. Thanks for sharing. Mumzie