Sunday, February 15, 2009

4-Patch Posey Finished!

Yay! My second finish for 2009! Yay! It's a small one, but still, it counts, right? :)
Here's the front...

Here's the back...

A little closeup...I'm awful proud of that stippling. It helped that this is small - but check it out, not too many over-sized stitches! Most of them are consistently of a reasonable size. Woohoo, go me! :)

One more for posterity...



I used all Debbie Mum fabric from Jo-Ann's for the top, back, and binding, except, the brown in the cornerstones are from a fat quarter I had laying around. I'm a little disappointed because those adorable little cornerstones came out a bit wonkey. I didn't realize until I had nearly all of them sewn that my needle was over a notch and so I wasn't using a true 1/4 of an inch. Poop. I'm not a ripping type of gal unless I really have to. Mistakes add character, right? That's my excuse anyhow, and I'm sticking to it. Lol*

This is going to my Mom. She and my Dad are still waiting for quilts they can actually snuggle with, but I'm working on that! Until then, they'll have this to look at. Lol*

One last picture I thought was awful cute. Here's my girls holding up their quilts, don't they have the cutest little tootsies? Lol* :)

9 comments:

rachel griffith said...

oh yayyy for quilt #2 completed!!!
or course it counts!!!

i love the binding with the little bees.
SUPER cute.

the pic of you girls is really cute!!!

rachel griffith said...

OF course it counts!!!
NOT or course it counts!!!
i can't type today.
:D

Anonymous said...

Love your machine quilting! Looks fabulous!

Teresa said...

Your four patch posey is sooooooo cute.

Leah Spencer said...

Great job on the stippling!! Bit by bit, you'll feel brave enough to consider something bigger and harder. :)

Anne Ida said...

Youre on a roll of finishings! Congratulations on a lovely one! So what if it's small? It's a finish, and it's a d... cute one :o)

Sweet pic of your girls :o)
Hugs and stitches
xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh what a beautiful quilt. I love love love sunflowers. The girls look so cute holding up their quilts.

Anonymous said...

This quilt turned out so pretty.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Wow you have two beautiful finishes already this year. They both look great!