Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival Winnings and FMQ with Mom

  First I just have to say - HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!  She reads my blog, and today is HER day!  :)  We had much fun practicing free motion quilting today and I have pictures to share, but first I wanted to share my winnings from the Blogger's Quilt Festival and say a little thank you!

   I didn't win anything for my quilts, though who can complain because it was fun just to participate in the Blogger's Quilt Festival this year!  Though, I did win something!!!  Thank you to Amy from Amy's Creative Side and Pat Sloan for my goodies!!!


Thread junkie that I am you know that I squealed when I discovered I was going to get to finally play around with Aurifil Thread!  Alex Veronelli from Aurifil was picking on me a while back for not yet trying his thread...well, it took me a little while, but here's my chance!  I didn't realize that Aurifil had such selection...I really wish I had paid closer attention earlier.  You can bet I will be doing some playing and reporting back on this.


I was also tickled...well not just tickled...I was ECSTATIC when I discovered that bundle of fabric was not just fat quarters...it was half yard cuts!!!!  WOW!!!  This fabric is sooo good too - filled with batiks!!!


I just wanted to share - I feel so lucky to have won something and the prizes were so generous.  What a great event!!!  Thank you all who visited and voted and everyone who participated and made it such a fun fun time.  :)

I'm pretty much set for the free motion quilting class on Sunday - I have books finished and I'll share pictures next week so my pals are still surprised.  I have one more gift for them I need to finish up tomorrow, then I'm ready to go.

Today my Mom came over to work on her free motioning skills...it was a fun time!





Hope you had a wonderful day Mom!  I had great fun, and it was wonderful to share something with YOU, after all you've shared with me!  :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI! CONGRATS ON YOUR WINNINGS!
SO TIMELY FOR THE 4TH OF JULY!
HAPPY STITCHING!

msstitcher1948@yahoo.com

Andrea said...

Congrats on your win :). Great goodies! Good lick teaching your class this weekend!

Deb A said...

Congrats on the win. Let us know how you like the aurofil thread. I have not tried that one yet.

Michele said...

Congrats on the win. I too recently won some Aurifil from Christa Quilts and I can't wait to try it out.