Saturday, August 4, 2012

Ariel Costume Finished

I know these are seriously NOT the best pictures...I usually try to spend some time taking good photographs but I just don't have time right now!  Eek!  This is how my daughter's Ariel costume turned out...I used Simplicity pattern number 4043.  I'm thrilled with it!  I'm debating on adding some trim underneath the dark purple just for something a little extra.  They have some Little Mermaid Disney licensed trim up at Jo Ann's Etc but it's a drive from here.

You can't see it but there is a slit in the skirt where legs through trhough...LOL*  There is a handle on the fin so she can put it on her wrist to make it easier to walk...and she'll wear this over her regular clothes to meet Ariel.  I need to find a starfish and a cute flower for her headpiece still...


I'm seriously LOVING making costumes and costumy clothing.  I never thought I'd have this much fun with it!!!  I'm working on that pirate outfit for my middle daughter now...pictures will be up soon.  She loves it because it's "jingly".  LOL*

No comments: