Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Pumpkin Quilt From My Header and Some Chatter

 
Last fall I received several emails regarding the pumpkin quilt in my header.  I truly apologize, because there were many inquiries and I forgot who all it was who'd asked!  I did promise if I found the magazine the pattern came from I would post about it...so here it is!

The pattern is by Debbie Kratovil, it is called "The Pumpkin Patch", and it comes from the December 2005 issue of Patchwork Quilting put out by Woman's Own.  Wheew!  Like a good quilter I adapted it some to my own taste...


Here's a shot of the cover of the magazine...if you are able to get your hands on this issue or have it somewhere hiding in your stash pull it out!  There are a lot of great patterns and inspiration in this one...


In other news, here is the current mess  project happening in my sewing room...  ;)


I loved that pretty scrappy log cabin so much that I put on Etsy that I thought I'd make a second.  This one is going to be a little bigger and possibly include some applique.  Most of my quilts are experiments.  Lol*  :)  I'm hoping that it will come out nice and replace a wallhanging that I have in one of the living rooms.

My goal this year is to whittle down my scraps a bit.  Is this normal???  To have this many scraps!!!??  Lol*  I have three huge bins exploding with scraps despite my having created several little projects using only these scraps...ugh!

Here is scrap bin one...


Two... 
 ...and three looking a little less full...


For a while I employed Bonnie Hunter's method of scrap organization, but it is a job to sort all those pieces and I'd much rather spend my free time at this point being inspired and sewing!  Maybe when the kids are older and I don't have to fight for sewing time.  I must say, having all those nicely cut and sorted precuts around can be VERY inspiring!  ;)

These are the scraps I've cut for my current project.  I don't think it will be very large, and boy this picture doesn't do it justice.  My sewing table looks so pretty right now!  :)



1 comment:

Kimberly said...

HaHa! I once dumped out my scrap bin only to almost die laughing since the pile of fabrics actually held the square shape on the table! It was awesome!
This is what I almost always do with my scraps and I've never regretted taking the time to do it... cut them down into 2 1/2 squares and store them that way... instant project pieces any time you need them!
And I've always loved your header... love the new one too!