Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Death of Customer Service and a Table Runner

I just had such an awful conversation with one of my favorite fabric and thread compaines...I literally was in tears over it, thinking I could possibly never order from this place again because they just treated me like I truly didn't matter.  I won't name names as of yet because they said they would take care of it, but it's someplace that I name drop like crazy and was absolutely dumbfounded at the way they spoke to me.  I have never had such an experience with this particular place, it has always up until now been really wonderful.  I really hope they do something, even just an "I'm sorry, that wasn't right on our part" would make my day at this point.  Wow.  What a crummy way to start a blog post, I know, but wheew, what ever happened to customer service?  I'm not expecting anyone to move mountains, but at least just act act a little understanding towards my complaint and maybe like you value me as a customer a little.  I will elaborate once things have fully resolved, unless they just leave me hanging and never respond to me again.  I may very well soon be professing love to a new line of thread and never looking back.  Oh what a phooey stinky day!

Here's the good part - I did get a runner done to put on Etsy.  I am SO tempted to keep this.  But Hubby's birthday is this Saturday and my daughters want these fancy light up shoes...so...on Etsy this pretty little runner goes.  :)

4 comments:

HOPE said...

It is VERY pretty!!

I'm working on a BED RUNNER...my first.

I agree with Customer Service...so sad nowadays. I make it a POINT to acknowledge...a GOOD customer service person with my own thank you for being so nice..SMILING etc and even write letters for them. Nowadays..they deserve the recognition!!

A company I know of has a motto from a PROBLEM that surfaced many years ago over a customer wanting ANOTHER PICKLE on their sandwich. The counter person refused and lost the customer.

THE COMPANY MOTTO..became GIVE THEM A PICKLE!!!

it's not goig to kill you to do a little extra...like a slice of a pickle was going to cost the company! LOL I always want more pickles!!!

Sure hope the situation you have gets resolved...

Hope
BLOGGING WITH A SMILE

HOPE said...

Thanks sooo much for leaving your ENCOURAGING comment. Much appreciated!

On my THIS IS THE DAY blog I posted about COMMENTS...SMILE.

Going over to visit your dad now...I LOVE handmade woodwork.

Happy Quilting..
HOPE

Molly said...

Hey Valerie!
That stinks, I think I know which company you're talking about and that's a bummer. I love your new runner! :)

Teresa said...

The table runner and pincushion are charming. Love the fabric you chose and the quilting.