Friday, April 9, 2010

Early Spring Garden 2010


Hello! Here I am! I have spring fever big time. Five more weeks of spring semester and I'll have some time free again to sew and garden. I cannot wait! My mind has already been turning to seeds and plants when I should be focusing on muscles...eek! Here are some early spring photos I am so excited to share!

The display on our front stoop...tulips aren't ready yet and my crocuses are done, so not much color going on right now without the good ol' garden junk to liven things up. ;)


Hens and chicks! Who doesn't love these? I love the reddish color they turn when it's cold. These little guys seem so happy in their little bird house.


Irises!!! These are ones I planted last year, from a clump that my Dad had given me early in the year. They have about doubled and aren't they gorgeous already? I cannot wait to see them bloom...I also am anxious to see some yellow dwarf ones I purchased at a plant sale and some that my Husband's Grandma shared with me. Yay!

This doesn't look like much yet, but I've got lettuce sprouting around the border of this little bed, while I'm waiting for spinach and peas to show up. Behind them all will be radishes that I will plant in May.

Oh, here are my lettuce sprouts!


Here are the Irises from Hubby's Grandma - I think those are either strawberries or perennial geraniums growing around them.


Here are some hardy geraniums about to bloom...YAY! I think these also came from Hubby's Grandma...she was so kind, she knows I love plants so when she thinned her garden, all the extras came to my house. Woohee! ;)

A lonely little daffodil hanging out with the lamb's ears. Oh I love it! :)


Aren't they a pretty combination? I think Mother Nature is telling me I need to plant more daffodils here. :)

A primrose about to bloom - yay! I adore it!

Oh now these are really just weeds, a bunch of crowded buttercups, but don't they look pretty? I almost don't want to mow them! I might just let them grow there, they look so darn pretty. :)

Oh and my hydrangea is getting bigger! I can't wait, I wonder how many blooms I'll get this year!

After some cleaning and some studying I'm going to try to visit blogs - I miss everybody and I'm excited to see what you've all been doing! :)

10 comments:

Cherry Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherry Lane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherry Lane said...

Love the pictures - especially your birdhouse-planter. That is adorable!

It is interesting to see the differences in timing of spring flowers between your location and mine. My daffs are all faded, tulips are in the height of bloom, but no sign of the hardy geraniums here yet.

Pat said...

After this wicked winter, I think we are all extra-happy to see "stuff" blooming....even if it's weeds!!!

julieQ said...

Oh, your garden looks wonderful! I can't wait to see all the vegies growing.

Sheila said...

I love the hens and chicks in the bird house! :)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love your good ol' garden junk, too. I get all excited seeing those lettuce seedlings coming up. Mine are coming up, too. I go ahead and plant radishes at the same time.

Do you think the buttercups would grow in a pot sunk in the ground or not? I had some of those, and they got out hand for me. They are cute little flowers. I put the butter and eggs someone gave me in a wash tub after reading about how they spread.

I hope your school stuff is going well and you can soon enjoy more time outside and online. :o)

Corner Gardener Sue said...

Oh, and that is a perennial geranium in that one photo.

Kris said...

Oh how exciting. Lookit all that nice green and growing carpet of plants. After this past winter we really deserve lots of blooms and it looks like you're off to a fine start. Good for you! :-D

Red Geranium Cottage said...

I love looking at all the stuff in your garden. Springtime is so much fun. Waiting to see what pops up after winter.
Thanks for sharing.