Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Scissor Caddy


Something I made up from scraps from the 'Tossed Nine-Patch' top...a scissor caddy! I suppose things like this are more for decoration and fun than actual use, but, I thought it turned out really cute! I know it's difficult to see from this picture - that's a yo-yo there in the center with a button, and I quilted the caddy itself in a pale green thread with a loopy meandering stitch.
Finally feeling as if I've recovered from our little vacation. On the down side, recovery also means exhaustion, as the girls have me running to and fro without much break. But, boy, have all those quilters motivated to sew. I've got a good start on Christmas presents...I can't believe I'm saying that already! The day after tomorrow is Halloween, and today it even snowed! Wow...the seasons change while I'm busy with chores, and time goes by so fast. :) Enjoy the rest of your October! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie,cute scissor caddy,good design instead of the shaped one.Regards Lyn

Anonymous said...

I just booed you on my site. Go check and see. Happy Halloween.

Zannah said...

What a neat way of using up scraps - and useful too, I guess.

I can't belive you've already got started on Christmas presents - every year I plan to, and every year, I get caught out.....

Rita E in AZ said...

This is such a pretty scissor caddy.
I enjoy your blog.

rachel griffith said...

i think it's SUPER cute.

hope you've gotten some rest.
:D