Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Remember these?

When I started making blocks for Sylvia's Bridal Sampler, I was just tooting around, and more or less experimenting with blocks I'd never made before. Now, I'm feeling the pull again to try and complete all 140 blocks! Of course, I hadn't printed all the patterns off before they were pulled from the web site, so I will just have to pick up the book next spring so I can complete the top. :)


From the beginning I have been tracking the time it has taken me to make each block from start to finish, including the time taken to make the paper piecing templates if needed. I started in May, 2007, and including the newest block I've made, Mariner's Compass, I've spent 24 and 1/2 hours on this quilt.

Here is the Mariner's Compass I finished last night, after some motivation inspired by the quilt guild meeting I attended...

There are a few accuracy issues, after all, I didn't finish until nearly midnight. I say, imperfections add character. :)

2 comments:

Libby said...

Looks good to me. I attempted a Mariner's Compass some time back . . . it gave new meaning to the term 'Drunken Sailor' *s*

Anne Ida said...

Oh, you're working on your SBS again!!! How great!! Your blocks look so wonderful!!!

And your Mariner's compass is great - so what if it's not perfect, to me this quilt was about learning new things, new techniques and new block patterns, and sounds like it is for you too :o)

Keep it up and have fun! Hugs...