Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wednesday Already?

I cannot believe it is Wednesday already.  This week is flying by.  I have been diligently working nonstop on Sharon's quilt.  This one is intense!  Sharon, I think you are going to love this when it is done - the back is already starting to make me drool.  I don't want to show too much and ruin the surprise, but here are a couple snippets.


I love the baskets, I think they are turning out really elegant.  This quilt is going to be so pretty when finished.  :)  I have made quite a bit of progress but still, lots of work left to be done.  Yesterday I spent about three hours RIPPING a section - ripping is so much worse than quilting!  Five minutes to quilt...HOURS to rip out the mistake!


Also I am still obsessed with poppies.  I somehow found mixed media artist Donna Downey's blog a few weeks ago and a post she did on using Jaquard Dynaflow to paint poppies on fabric.  So of course I ordered it.  LOL*  You can do a lot with Dynaflow, like sun printing, so I'm super excited for it to come in.  My fabric dyeing/painting/playing obsession continues as well!


I use black Micron Pigma pens to add to the watercolors and make them more interesting.  I love those pens.  I originally started using them to make quilt labels - when you heat set them on fabric with an iron they can be washed.  I even tested it on accident!  I wet a quilt label I had drawn with one and it ran everywhere.  So I made another, pressed it, then wet it to be sure - no running whatsoever!  It was on white fabric so I wanted to make sure that when I washed the quilt I was not going to ruin it with the pen. Awesome they are.


I am really thinking that these poppies are begging to be painted on fabric - right?  I know that is what you were thinking too.  LoL  Alright, off to make breakfast for the kiddos and then back to finishing up Sharon's quilt.  Hope everyone is getting much work done out there in blogland.  As soon as I am finished with some commissioned work I will be visiting blogs.

OH - and please stop in the Etsy Shop and check out the hand dyes I have listed there for sale!




4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, sweetie - how exciting! You can show off as much as you like - you need to 'brag' you gorgeous work. You know I will be doing the happy dance when it comes home as photos will never do justice. Enjoy your Holiday though!!

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beautiful quilting!
Sorry to hear you had to rip a bit. YUCK! Love the design you did on that basket.
Your hand-dyed fabrics are beautiful too!

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilting! Ripping out can be such a pain... but when its over its just a distant memory :o)
Your poppies are lovely. Best of luck with the fabric painting.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Michele said...

Oh Sharon's quilt is coming out gorgeous. I'm sure she will love it even more when it is done.