Monday, July 8, 2013

Jaquard Lumiere Fabric Paint, Acrylic Play

Today was such a nice day - we had lunch with my Husband's bosses which was of course at first quite intimidating, but ended up being a really nice visit and afternoon.  Afterwards we did a little thrift shopping, of course made a run to the toy store for the kids, and then I hit the craft store.  I was thrilled to find the fabric paints I was going to place an order for from Dharma Trading at Pat Catans, yay!  I actually ordered a different sampler pack of these same paints already that I'm waiting for in the mail - but in a different color group.


A closeup of my fabric painting play on some of my newly hand dyed fabric.  These paints are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!  I'm so in love.


The paints are from Jaquard - I bought the Lumiere exciter pack so I could try 9 of the colors - oh my goodness they are wonderful.  The Lumiere line are metallic and fabric safe - but can be used on all sorts of different surfaces.  You are supposed to be able to heat set these when you're done and then they are to be washer safe. I'll have to experiment a little and see how they hold up.


Now the other paints I ordered from Jaquard aren't supposed to effect the hand of the fabric but the metallic definitely does.  I'm going to experiment with stitching over it to see how it handles...I think I may be able to stitch through it without having hiccups or at least very close.



Having such a wonderful time with this.  Also got in some play with the acrylics yesterday and today.  I've been sneaking these in often lately, it's so relaxing!  It's nice too because many times the children want to sit and work with me, with the paints they can where at the sewing machine I have my own little area that it's hard for them to be in with me because our home is small.  This was fun to do with them at the kitchen table.


More Lumiere paints on watercolor paper with some acrylics and my favorite Micron pens.


I'm thinking I'd like to do a large grouping of these small bright paintings framed in my hallway.  I have intentions of selling a few too but just haven't gotten to listing them in my Etsy Shop.  I like to frame them before selling - soon.  I also have that bunch of totes I plan to get working on this week too and those will be going on Etsy.


Hope there is lots of sewing and creativity happening out there in blogland.  Summer has been so busy, seems I haven't accomplished nearly as much as I'd have liked.  But it's July and you know what that means...fall is just around the corner!  Quilting season!!!  :)

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

This looks like such fun, would love to come and play.

Anonymous said...

Definitely the "Energizer Bunny" with fab results!!! I am spread quite thin with all my interests that I dare not explore this myself (same goes with the fabric dyeing!!) so I will come along with you and watch!!!! Hugs.....