Sunday, July 7, 2013

New Paints and More Playing

Eeepert new paints!  I can't tell you how long it's been since I've bought new paints.  Folk Art has new glow in the dark Neon paints that I am pretty sure I can't sleep another night without.  I bought these today but after I came home and played now all I can think about is those luscious hot colors I left behind at the store...I think I'm heading back this afternoon...


  I have really neglected painting and drawing and mixed media art these past years - something that I love so much.  I used to oil paint often and I adore - ADORE - acrylic paints.  I will have to pull the canvases that have been in the attic for years and share what I used to do.  There was this one piece - a goldfish - I left it at my old job at the radio station when I left...I MISS THAT PAINTING!  I think I might have to paint myself a new one.

 
Anyhow more poppies.  I can't get poppies off of my mind.  I think it's the red with the blue that I love so much.  The blue paint around the edges here is teal acrylic mixed with an electric blue that I already had.  Aren't those brights just the best?

Yesterday I had every intention of doing some sewing but it was like a sauna in the house - so I went outside and dyed some fabric that I've been waiting to play with.  I'm already getting tired of these deep tones and am placing another dye order in the next few days for some lighter colors.  I can't wait!  :)


I went a little hog wild with the dye - which I have realized is not necessary.  A little bit seems to go a long way.  I bought some squirtee bottles (the daughter and I call them squeezee-squirtee-squeeze bottles) for dyeing but the dye just pours out of them.  So far, the best thing I've used have been water bottles!  I love the look of the dye after I lifted up the fabric off the table.


These ones with two colors turned out really cool too - I'll post pictures next post.  I'm itching to do some poppies on fabric so I think if I can muster up the energy to do some cleaning - lazy bum that I am -  I'll reward myself with sewing play later.  :)


1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

Ooooooo, I would have *had* to lay another piece of fabric on the table to soak up that second-step design!
I miss dyeing too--haven't done any since I bought my HE washer (what a stupid decision that was!).