Sunday, May 5, 2013

Scrap Basket Sunday and Some Randoms

I didn't make as much progress on my Scrap Basket Sunday as I'd have liked.  I have many projects going at once but I'm determined to make headway and get them finished.


Not much of a dent in those squares yet.  I'm looking forward to seeing this little container empty.


We are headed to my In-Laws boat club today for a party so no sewing until this evening.


OH - my randoms.  Look what I found at the bottom of my scrap bin?  I think these might look interesting together in a mini quilt.  Lots of good things lurking in that bin...


I also found this little project.   I got bored with it after a few flowers...


...I don't think I'm ready for  crazy patchwork yet....or at least not the handwork involved!


I am off today - my little baby turns two today!!!  These children grow so fast, it's a little scary.  I love to watch them become young ladies but it makes me sad too.  Next week, my oldest will be 11.  It doesn't seem like long ago I was taking pictures of her in front of the bunny chair too..




11 comments:

Bonnie said...

She's a cutie!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Love your pretty scrappy blocks and you did a beautiful job on the floral stitching too!

Sewing Junkie said...

As my husband says all good things take time. Also stop and watch them grow before you know it the grandkids will be coming around. Just ask me. LOL Chris

Aunt 'Reen said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful little 2 year old!
A little progress on your scrap quilt is better than NO progress.

Anonymous said...

A lovely Sunday here.....snow is almost gone and a few miles put on the bikes (not sewing today and that's ok!). Grillin' for supper---just maybe we will move on to the next season....maybe! Hugs, Doreen

Busy Little Quilter said...

I love your scrappy blocks. I went looking through some of my boxes, too, and found a bunch of stuff I need to work on. It's amazing what we find!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Wonderful play in the scraps, but more fun to play with that sweet little one!

Kim said...

The nice thing about playing with scraps is that they'll be there whenever you have time for them--LOL! Have a fun day!

Kimberly said...

Happy Birthday little sweetie! My big sweetie turned 16 today... we partied hard last night and got her good with a surprise Cinco de Mayo party!

Needled Mom said...

Oops. Did the BD greeting on the previous post. I love those squares and the crazy quilting is gorgeous.

Linda C said...

I have made some pine tree blocks that look very similar to yours. Still have the strips waiting to make more. We did them as blocks for a raffle quilt and they were called Friends Among the Pines.