Friday, May 17, 2013

Miniature Celtic Knot Quilt and FMQ Feather Video


Before I get into my post I just want to take a moment to reiterate the copy rite notice that is clearly visible on this website.  It was recently brought to my attention that someone was taking my photographs without permission and using them to promote their own web site.  I never watermarked in the past unless it was something that I anticipated would get circulated.  Many of the photos I share here are also shared in several of the forums I frequent, and many of those forums don't like the promotion of websites outside of their own so this is just a headache and an extra step I wish I didn't have to take.  You are welcome to pin these photos on Pinterest as long as you please link it back here, and nine times out of ten if you ASK me first I will giggle like a school girl and be tickled pink that you want to share my work.  I do have a small quilting business that would be grateful for the support and I've worked hard to get to this point in my quilting and would appreciate the credit for my own creations!  Thank you!

OK!  Back to the quilting!  :)  I finished my little mini and I'm really happy with it.  I was offered many wonderful suggestions by quilting pals and with the help of a heavy hot iron I pressed out the wrinkles in my knot.


Here's the back.  I used Sigma thread - had a little bit of knotting.  Not the thread's fault, mine for deciding to look up at the tv in the middle of stitching a feather!  :)  I love the pearly look of this thread.


I'm working on my larger celtic knot quilt but I don't want to share photographs until I make some substantial progress.  I did however finally get that video made on feathers!  Click below to watch how I make bump bump feathers on the domestic home sewing machine - but be warned I did not do my nails and they are pretty bad.

 For the best view click the video and enlarge it to full screen.  Because of the way Blogger embeds YouTube videos I have no control over the view as it is.  It is not the camera, I assure you, it is simply Blogger clipping a portion of my video - unfortunately it's a vital portion!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't see what you're doing, didn't you watch your video before posting? You need to move the camera view over to the right so I can see you sewing, please.

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Anonymous poster, if you read the full post it says immediately above the video to watch it in full screen. I have highlighted it in red and bold letters for you since you missed it the first time.