Saturday, December 22, 2012

Using Up Scraps

It's almost here!  Christmas is almost here!  I'm so excited...this is my favorite time of year.  It's pretty much known in my family that I'm the biggest Christmas nerd...we usually have trees (yes I said TREES) up and Christmas music on by November 1st.  Yay!

Here's what I'm working on in between getting the house ready...


No intricate design or anything, just finishing up a UFO that was laying around in my sewing cupboard.  These are nine inch blocks and when I made the quilt I intended to do some sort of fun quilting with it, just never got around to it.  I thought this would be a great project to experiment with paint!!! 

I'm a big fan of that grungy sort of primitive look.  I thought I might try the Burnt Umber paintstik behind this wreath of feathers.



I've marked the top though you can barely see it in the picture.  Just used my Clover water soluble pen...it's running out of ink though, time to buy a new one.  I've had a lot of people say they are afraid to use these pens or don't use them at all, but I've not had any problems with them so far.  I even used them on that white trapunto piece I made...I had to go back several times to remove the ink, but I kind of expected that.  Whenever you use a heavy amount it takes a little more water to remove, but it comes out and has never come back.


I'm using up some scraps for the backing.  I purchased these fabrics at a yard sale believe it or not!  About 8 years ago when I began quilting I hit this great yeard sale and bought, literally, a laundry basket full of fabric for $5.  It was a sign if you ask me that I should be SEWING!  :)

Hoping to get some work on this done as it is my escape and my relaxation to sew.  :)

No comments: