Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Feathers and Paint

My paint sticks came!  This turned out pretty awful - so don't judge my talent (or lack thereof!) by this please!  LOL*  I didn't have any brushes or anything to clean my brushes out with yet so I found the one giant paintbrush I could dig out of my art supplies and a piece of paper to wipe it clean - ish.  I quilted up this little test piece on muslin with polyester batting and experimented with the paint to see what it would do.


 
How NEAT does that look with color BEHIND the feather?  Oh I must really get the correct supplies and play with this more...


Here's what I started with before painting...



Also a little curling feather free motion practice...

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, I don't think it is awful at all - how wonderfull!

Garden Lily said...

Wow, that looks amazing when painted. Absolutely amazing. Like fern fronds unfurling in 3D.

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome!!! I haven't tried those yet but will definitely give them some serious thought. The dimension they added is incredible! Hugs, Doreen

Unknown said...

Off on a tangent, I had a spam email asking me about security issues on this blog. Yes Mr. Spammer I have the best security against comment spam, me. So, anyone who feels like posting a link to a comment gets deleted automatically. http://www.thecoatingstore.com/Candy_Paint.html