Sunday, December 23, 2012

More Progess...

Seems I'm going to post a picture of every stitch of this quilt!  I just love how it's turning out.  I am compelled to share.  :)  I was really frustrated yesterday but today things just started to come together.  Two posts a day - but it feels like they were ages apart.  Time flies...as they say.  :)


I really wasn't sure if I liked seeing all that stitching on the back at first...but now that we're making some real progress doesn't it make for an interesting reverse?  I just love it.  :)

 
My snobbery for polyester batting has disappeared...I think I might love it!  Forgive the markings still present...I sketched onto the quilt top some ideas that I didn't go through with.  So there is random blue all over.  I will remove it when the quilting is finished.


I cannot believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve already.  Won't be much sewing going on as we'll be preparing the house for Santa...followed by Christmas Dinner with my parents.  I'm really looking forward to it - and looking forward to show and tell!  My parents are so good to indulge me in my quilty chat.  My Father is a woodworker...who now knows more about sewing machines and long arms than he EVER wanted to!  :)

My daughters are already getting the fever...they can barely fall asleep knowing tomorrow is the big night...hahaha, I love to witness this excitement.  I'm not sure what I love more...watching their eyes light up in anticipation or the actual suprise when they open their gifts.  I love Christmas morning breakfast...wading through wrapping and the remants of toy boxes sticky from fingers covered in syrup....oh it's only a day away now!

2 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Sounds like a delightful morning. I am spending the day before with my daughter and have a car FULL of gifts from my side of the family already packed for an early morning drive. I cannot wait to see my grandsons looks when we unload this car!

Miriam said...

Merry Chritsmas Valerie!

Your quilting look wonderful!