Thursday, December 13, 2012

Quilting With Metallic Thread

Oh my what a day!  It was just one of those TOO much to do on too little caffeine with too little sleep days.  I've been having a lot of those lately - it didn't help that my cat seriously knocked over my sewing machine either.  I should have taken a picture but I was a little busy swearing and acting all sorts of a fool.  ARGH!  That CAT!  The little fatso wanted to hop on the sewing table because, duh, there was a cozy quilt there for sleeping...I ran into the other room to get the baby and BAM!!!  I came back to find my sewing machine face down on the ground and in pieces. 

Believe it or not - it still runs!!!  This machine has been through the ringer I tell ya.  The extension table is done, and it needs a new presser foot - but it's gonna live to sew another day.  :)

Thank goodness too because I have a lot of sewing to do.  :)

Here's what I've been working on...


This isn't the fabric I showed in my last fabric purchase post - but it is the thread.  I'm loving this thread!!!  Guess what I figured out really quickly once I began this project?  Sparkly thread doesn't show up too well on sparkly fabric!!  Whoops!  So this one is more of a solid.


This is going to be sort of a wallet-y doodad.  My oldest daughter had her band concert this morning, then this evening after the kids went to bed I had to make 70 cupcakes for my middle daughters birthday, so I just didn't have time to finish it.  UGH.  So tired!!!



Hopefully more pictures tomorrow!  :)

1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I am in awe of your quilting! Poor machine - darn cat!