Friday, June 1, 2012

Why hello blogland!  I have missed you all.  Oh it's been crazy around here.  It's just starting to die down now that summer is here.  I've been working in my garden, and working my house, the slew of birthdays, school events, and sick children in the house has passed and things are beginning to calm down.  The weather has been warm but today it is rainy and chilly...guess what that always inspires me to do?  :)  Today I'm thinking, if I can get off my rear and walk away from the computer, I will start cutting my fabric for Bonnie Hunter!  Have I mentioned she is coming to my guild?  Probably several times.  :)  I am thrilled.  I bought some new fabric but can't bare to cut into it yet.  So I'm going to attempt to use scraps.  I have only two weeks to get my butt in gear and get cutting though!

See, I still know how to sew quilts!!!  Lol*  Well, I still know how to piece anyhow.  I'm terrible at secrets.  I was going to hold on to this until I'd written up a pattern for it.  I've been so behind on all of the patterns I've promised people, and I'm so sorry for that!  I am truly, honestly, I PROMISE going to catch up and put all of the patterns I've promised on Etsy.  Seems like life has just been so hectic here.  My quilting as you know has been on the back burner a bit but I miss it.  Cakes are fun, clothes are fine, and crafts are great, but I'm a QUILTER!!!  That is me.  ;)  So let me get to it...

 

This is what I have been working on.  I'm not sure what I'll call it yet.  I paper pieced the goose border and have three borders left to go.  It's got a little bit of a fall flavor to it, doesn't it?  I sure need to work on my hand applique.  I have tried a dozen different methods of applique.  I still don't know what I like best.  This time I ironed freezer paper to the back and pressed.  Then removed the freezer paper and stitched down using the crease mark as a guide.  Not too smooth though huh?  I didn't use any starch, and I think I like that the fabric is still flexible so that if it starts to look wonky you can just tease the fabric into a different shape.  But still, this takes some practice!  Sheesh!


Oh my, and I cannot forget to show you my pretty little table display.  I haven't decorated in a while, my home feels cold without quilts covering every available surface.  :)  Even though it's 90 degrees outside...I love those little ceramic birds.  I use them in just about every Etsy photo...lol*


Have to show off these two little lovelies too.  Husband brought these Raggedy Anne's home from work.  So sad to say the lady owned these before me recently passed away.  I had wanted to make her a quilt and never got the chance.  Isn't that sad?  What a nice little older woman, she hadn't any family either.  Breaks my heart.  I feel happy to have these because most of her belongings went to the thrift store or trash.  What a sad thing, to go to heaven and have no one to leave anything behind to?  No one to remember you and think warm thoughts about you after you've passed.  I'm honored to have a few of her things and will remember her as such a sweet woman.


Here is my naughty little Cinnamon kitty.  She's not supposed to be on the table.  She knows it too.  Normally I would give her a little push or bang on the table to say MOVE IT chubby!  ;)  But she looks so cute...


Other than that not much going on around here.  Oh, well I guess I could share that my friend and I recently ran/walked in a 5K.  More walking than running!  I was second to last, she was last...Lol***  We were about twenty minutes (or more?) behind all the very athletic runners (and even some not so athletic Grandma's)...and they probably were all sorts of irritated waiting for us!  Sorry!  It was a milestone though.  My friend really struggled and this was a big achievement for her, and it motivated me to walk much more.  I would love to be able to run, REALLY run a 5K.  We shall see.  I'm not doing so hot on my diet right now...I succumbed to the calling of bacon and cream cheese this afternoon!  I took all sorts of before and progress pictures...I had lost about 16 pounds.  I'm afraid now I'm taking the before picture that SHOULD be the after pictures...because I'm just going to get bigger if I keep eating like this!  I just don't know if I'll ever be cut out to be a skinny girl...but I sure can EAT!!!  :)

That is all bloggers!  ;)  I'm off to read now what you have been up to...

1 comment:

Melzie said...

your cat is beautiful :) love the project!
xoxo melzie