Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kitchen Redo, Stash...Rearranged?

Well, I got most of what I wanted to accomplish done.  I finished the backsplash, touched up my cupboards and did a little rearranging in the kitchen.  The rest of the house has been neglected in my efforts to get this room done...UGH...it never ends does it???  Lol*  Here's a little before and after.  The left is my kitchen when we moved in...the right is my kitchen now.  Over the years I've painted the cabinets black, added nickel hinges and handles, and painted the room tan.  The backsplash was tan too...but it looks SO much better red!  I think it helps my black cupboards pop out too.


I worked a bit on my stash...but this is as far as I got...


Lol*  I can actually close the doors now!  Still need to clean up that top though...sheesh...I think something might fall on my head while digging around for fabric in there...

Off to do MORE work.  Don't ya know it.  Those kiddos want to eat and so do I.  ;)  Dinner here I come.  Since I've been working around the house all day I'm going to try and finish up cutting the fabric for my Bonnie Hunter quilt...and stitching the 140 four patches I need together.  I have about half of them done.  The other half are pinned and sitting on my sewing table waiting for me...  :)

3 comments:

Linda said...

Kitchen looks awesome!!! I am loving that red backsplash!!

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Love your new look! Kudo's on the tidy cuboard !!!!

I am new to your blog ...followed you from another...I will visit you again, soon.

:) Carolyn

Della said...

Awesome kitchen make-over.