Saturday, June 2, 2012

Getting Ready for Bonnie Hunter

I'm so thrilled!  The closer it gets the more excited I get!  Bonnie Hunter is going to be here in two weeks!  Yay!  I started cutting fabric for the workshop.  We are making Jared Takes a Wife.  I don't know if I would have gone to her site and picked this quilt to make on my own...that's part of what I like about these workshops.  I wouldn't have picked it on my own, but now that I'm cutting and have gone over the instructions to make the block, broken it down in my head and started thinking of colors, I'm really excited to be making it!  Here's a little snippet of the fabrics I'm using...


I think I'm going to do greens for the chains, and tan/cream neutrals for the background.  I would have liked to make this completely from scraps but I just didn't have enough of the right colors!  I am using mostly stash fabric though.  I need to go buy some more green because it's one of those colors I use a lot and run out of quickly!


Look at that stack of bricks!  I'm going ahead and making a large quilt, something I rarely do.  I usually stick to small projects!  Mostly because my sewing time is limited.  That there is a stack of 240 bricks...and it's only an itty bitty part of the quilt!  ;)


Well I hear babies crying.  That's my cue to skip out!!!  Just a reminder EVERYTHING IN MY ETSY SHOP IS 50% OFF for a limited time!  http://www.pumpkinpatchquilter.etsy.com/  Use code HUGESALE50 when you check out!  :)

No comments: