Monday, June 4, 2012

Clutter and UFO's - Not for the Faint of Heart!

If clutter makes you cringe and UFO's break you out in hives...prepare to be all sorts of uncomfortable.


I warned you!  Above are my UFO's...of the unfinished quilty type.  This isn't even all of them.  I have a few tucked around the sewing area here and there.  I probably shouldn't even start new projects but some days I get so overwhelmed with things I've already made/started that I just want to do something ELSE!  :)

Oh yes, and below, brace yourself, if you're really squeamish you may want to look away...here is ONE of my fabric cupboards.  I really don't have a large stash considering how much I sew.  I think I have more scraps than actual yardage.  But can you tell I've done a bit of flipping through fabric without straightening back up?  Pulling for a project here and there, then abandoning the area.  Eek.


My sewing table below.  There IS a sewing table under there. Or, cutting table.  I have another little rolly cart with my sewing machine sitting on it.  You can see a bit of fabric that was just recently washed and needs pressed but hasn't yet moved onto the stash, because, well, my stash is a disaster at the moment.

I have my work cut out for me don't I?  I have a garden to weed, laundry pile to work through, a house to clean, and this clutter to get under control.  I have been continuing to plug away cutting and preparing my fabric for Bonnie Hunter, but wheew, I just cannot function in this mess!  So today I have two goals...clean up this sewing area, and paint the backsplash in my kitchen.  That's it!  If I don't do another thing today, as long as those TWO things happen, I'll be happy. 

Oh and the kids are coming home at noon!!!  Last day of school!  AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

2 comments:

Behind My Picket Fence said...

You go girl - if you get both your goals accomplished we'll be calling you superwoman!

Mary Nefd said...

so many quilts, so little time! My sewing room looks very similar