Monday, August 22, 2011

A Tote for Me and a Quilt for Etsy :)

All those totes and I really wanted one for myself.  I showed you the Kate Spain fabric I purchased to make one...and I finally finished!  I've been "toting" it around all weekend, I love it!

This is the front...

...the back...


...a closeup of the stitching...

...the handles...I wanted a little more color in the handles so I used some of the charms there too...

...a closeup of the inside stitching...


...isn't it pretty?  This picture just doesn't do the richness of that fuschia and orange together justice.  I'm really happy with it.  It's nice and sturdy and I can toss it in the wash if it gets dirty.  Perfect for a Momma of 3!

Oh and I cannot forget my Etsy chinese coin quilt...I am so happy with how this turned out.  Isn't it pretty?  I am so glad I finally experimented with poly thread and bleached muslin fabric.  I just love this clean crisp look.


More feather practice!  LOL*  I am so happy with it though.  I can really see the improvement, I think the spines on these are much more polished looking.  I can only improve the more I do them.

2 comments:

Superior Threads said...

What a cute tote and a beautiful quilt. The quilting is really good!

Ricci

HOPE said...

I LOVE ....YOUR CHINESE COINS!!

I must have missed where you were also making one! I too like the crisp clean look. The stitching is fabulous!!

I like the white binding too...very nice with the Green pretties!!

GREAT JOB!!
HOPE..
who finally HUMBLY finished mine too.