Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Oh my little daylily...

I am so in love with daylilies. Without even intending to, I collected more than a dozen new daylillies this year. I'm not sure what the name of this one is...it was supposed to be more of the coral color around the edges, but I'm not complaining! The peachy pink it turned out to be is so beautiful...
Donna - you asked what kind of lily this is? Well, I'm impressed with myself because I actually found the tag! Lol* It's called "Always Afternoon Daylily". I bought it on clearance at Lowe's for $2.00. The picture on the tag shows it to be a little more of a coral color, but I love the mauve pink with the green center it turned out to be. I am learning...tags don't always tell the truth!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

I'm not a big fan of the orange Daylillies that you see all over, but these colors are great. I need to head to our Lowe's and see what they have!

Shady Gardener said...

I love the variety of daylilies, too! You have two very pretty ones.

I am intrigued by your new treadle machine. Is it in working order? I have one that needs to have the belt tightened before I can see if it actually works! Hmmmmm.

donna said...

How thoughtful of you to dig up the tag for your Always Afternoon Daylily. $2.00! Wow. I'm going plant shopping with you next time.