Friday, July 17, 2009

My First Bouquet

How exciting! I'm such a nerd, seriously. Lol* I cut my first flower bouquet today from the garden! I have been reading magazines and getting ideas...I'm going to have to dry and press flowers next year. There are so many things I want to try, I'm not sure if I'll get to it or not this year!!! I'll try though! :)


A little shot of one of the garden beds. Try not to look at the weeds...lol* I kind of blur my vision so I only see color...not weeding to be done...I suggest you do the same!!! LOL* I'm proud of it though, my little weedy flower patch.

10 comments:

Orcsmom said...

Bravo, bravo and bravo! Good job, well done! I only wish I lived closer to come over and enjoy them in person! Have a great week-end!

Pam

donna said...

Weeds? What weeds?? When I was around your age, I attempted drying flowers. That didn't work out too well for me. You'll have better luck, I'm sure. The only flowers I've pressed are the pansies that have been in between pages in the family bible. The flowers cut from your garden are lovely. Enjoy them.

Stephanie D said...

What a nice variety you have in your garden--enough to make a really lovely bouquet!

Trisha said...

Lovely! How nice to be able to go out into your yard and cut flowers to bring the outside in.

Libby said...

Weeds are flowers, too . . . . we must learn to embrace them *s* Your garden is a beauty.

Sandy said...

What a gorgeous bouquet...you should be very proud! Don't worry about weeds...we all have them, even with mulch.

Chloe m said...

Hey, if you are a nerd, then I am Super nerd. I get excited about stuff like that too. Pressing flowers is a great idea, they last so much longer, and you can make pictures and card with the flowers.
Rosey

Holly said...

Weeds? What weeds? I don't see no stinkin weeds. LOL. Your bouquet is beautiful. I love fresh cut flowers. It really makes a difference in a room. It looks like your green thumb is super green this year.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

That's a pretty bouquet! I love the flower bed, too.

Molly said...

Your flowers are so pretty! Nice job on the beans a couple posts ago! :)
~Molly