Thursday, July 2, 2009

New Garden Bed

Ran out of room, so I had to expand this bed...it's on it's way to creating a grass pathway! :)

Roses, day lillies, iceplant, salvia, perennial verbena...


I think this is perennial verbena anyhow? It's a vibrant purple, although the picture makes it look lighter. Some members of the Garden Web forums suggested this could be 'Homestead Purple'. In any case I bought two, both were 75 cents each because they looked pretty shabby. As soon as I got this one in the ground it got to the business of putting out flowers! Lol* Good plant, goooooood plant, that'll do. ;) Now, just, come back next year!!!

5 comments:

Juliann said...

I am happy to see someone else adding to their garden in July. I keep thinking it is too late to be starting anything new but spring went to fast and now it is summer!
I have had fun visiting your blog today. Lovely work.

donna said...

Amazing what a little TLC will do for a shabby verbena. Looks pretty nice now and I bet it'll come back next year even bigger and stronger.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

It looks like the old fashioned kind I used to grow. It would live a number of years, then fail to come back one spring. I haven't seen any lately to get some more, but last year planted some Homestead. It didn't come back this spring. I am in Nebraska, zone 5b, so it may behave differently where you live.

Your beds look great! What a nice area you have for expansion of them!

http://q-garten.blogspot.com/ said...

Hey, I read often in your Blog, and i like your garden. Many things we like both and do it in the same way.I also have a garden beet in the green. A tip from a gardener, make you beet higher with ground and good kompost. And use Herbs and perennials together.
Greetings Cornelia

Garden Lily said...

Good for you! Lawn is waaay overrated. :-) Thanks for visiting my blog, I hope to read more of yours too.