Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Redwork & Shopping

I wanted to share a few more of my redwork blocks with you. I know these get a little boring after a while so I'll try to refrain from blogging about this project until it's at the very least together in a top. :)

Lily of the valley...

Violas...one of my favorite flowers...too bad they are a favorite of the bunnies that live nearby too. :)

Also did some shopping yesterday at Jo-Ann's. I had been eyeing this line of Debbie Mum fabric for a while, and decided, finally, to pick up a few yards. Not normally my taste, but, maybe a Christmas gift?

I am really excited about this thrift purchase...a set of six cotton napkins I found made from reproduction vintage fabric. Washed a few times and very soft...I think it will look so pretty in something mixed with real vintage.

Last but not least, just a little note regarding Mary Ellen's Best Press. I mentioned a few posts ago that I bought some to try, and wanted to share, that I love it! It's way better than starch, and I love working with fabric that I've used it on. It seems to make a real difference with sewing bias pieces also. I now use it on all of my fabric after prewashing. My only complaint is they don't give you enough in that little bottle! Maybe I get carried away with it, but I think I used just shy of 1/4 of the bottle on that buzz saw quilt alone! :) Sure looks good though. Lol*

11 comments:

Zannah said...

I really like these redwork pieces. It's not something that I've ever tried myself, but they look very effective.

Teresa said...

Your redwork is very pretty and I never get tired of seeing it.

Ilike the Mary Ellen's Best Press as well, although the scent gives me a headache after awhile. Walmart has a similar product, which for the life of me I can't remember what it is called, and it cost about 1/3 of what Best Press costs. Maybe something like Dryell. Anyway, it is sold with the other laundry products.

Stephanie D said...

Came over from Libby's blog to say how cute that pumpkin was! She was a lucky gal!

I like that Debbie Mumm collection, too!

Libby said...

Love that redwork - looks so vintage *s*

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Redwork - looks fantastic!!!
Cheers Erica

Mary said...

Hey Val, your redwork is darling! You're so inspiring. Take a look at my blog to see an award I feel you really deserve.

Lyn said...

Hello Valerie, I love redwork stitchery, you have made a lovely job of them. I like fossicking in thrift shops (antique shops here) you always manage to find something of interest . Warmest Regards Lyn

Rose Johnston said...

Your redwork is so sweet, please keep sharing them!!I love the fabrics too!!
Hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

I came over from Libby's blog to tell you how adoreable the pumpkin is! I have such an affinity for pumpkins! I used to live in Circleville and miss the Pumpkin Show something fierce.

Happy Quilting!
Blessings,
Cynthia

Anne Ida said...

Your little red work blocks look so sweet! Keep 'em coming! Your shopping looks fun - and I look forward to seeing what you do with the fabrics.

Susan said...

Love your redwork flowers! Great look.