Sunday, July 20, 2008

New Bloomers

The beetles have already begun munching my brand new coneflower...


Monday is spray day. :) I'm not a violent person, but I do get some pleasure knowing I've wiped those buggers out. I suppose there is a purpose for every creature...but I refuse to let destroying my plants be that purpose.

I brought this gorgeous Monk's Hood home the same day...no beetles yet.
I thought this was Love in a Mist, but my Dad says he doesn't think so. I started them from seed and I think an anmial took off with the marker. Whatever it is, it's so pretty, and has been blooming steadily for almost two weeks.


A plant-loving-lady at Walmart talked me into purchasing two of these russian sage plants. Very pretty, and a good replacement for the hosta that once resided here.

7 comments:

Amy a.k.a. dragonryder4 said...

Very pretty flowers !! Good luck wiping out those nasy bugs :)

Fabricmom said...

Beautiful flowers. Your garden is always pretty. thanks for sharing. The pumpkin quilting turned out fabulous. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Love your garden. I wish mine would look that good but it's mostly weeds.

Karen in IN

Bob and Diana said...

I saw your Russian Sage today when I was at your house. It is really quite pretty. It reminds me of lavender. It should do better out in the sun than those hostas.
---Dad

Libby said...

So what do you use to get rid of the bugs? Some little critter is having it's way with my beans . . . I'll not stand for it *s*

Karen said...

Please come be my gardener. I don't like weeds, getting my hands dirty, bugs, and all that stuff. I am a poor gardener for sure.

Anonymous said...

Put some kind of barrier in the ground around the Russian Sage. It can be pretty invasive.