Wednesday, July 16, 2008

PIF Pumpkin & a Thank You


Libby has been patiently waiting for me to get my rear in gear and send her the Pumpkin quilt she won. :) I do try to keep my promises, however procrastination and I are close friends. The quilting is finally finished, and I don't think it will take me more than a day or so to get it bound and a label put on. Then off goes my pumpkin to his new home. :)



An anonymous commenter asked if I do all hand quilting on my quilts...first, thank you for commenting! If you return and find time, I'd love if you left a name or way to reply to your comments! :) To answer, no, I don't hand quilt everything, although I do just adore hand quilting. I really love to both hand and machine quilt, but I'm rather impatient and haven't yet attempted to quilt anything by hand on a large scale. :)

In other news, I'm a lucky blogger, because not long ago I won on Takako's blog. She visited her family in Japan recently, and gave five commenters some goodies from her trip. I am in constant amazement at how generous quilting bloggers are. :) Here's a photo of the cute little bundle I recieved...

Thank you Takako! I love everything!!! :)

4 comments:

Wendy said...

What a nice gift to be the winner of, it's your lucky day and it's Libby's lucky day as well. Isn't blogging wonderful.

Rose Johnston said...

Your quilt looks wonderful. Great job with the quilting!! and such a yummy gift you received.
Hugs xxx

Libby said...

Ohhhhh - it just looks delicious *s* My mailman won't know what to do if I'm checking my mailbox everyday!

Karen said...

When do I get to see the whole pumpkin quilt. And how appropriate it is for Pumpkin Patch Quilter to make a pumpkin quilt!