Saturday, February 14, 2015

Progress on Darlene's New York Beauty

Happy Valentine's Day!  I had wanted to get farther than this today but life just got in the way.  Kids were feisty and I started cleaning up my sewing room (still didn't finish) and it seems the day just got away from me.  I am really happy with the progress though, and let's hope I can replicate those feathery rays and pearls on the opposite side as evenly spaced!  I think I will be able to manage it if I go slowly.


For minds that are curious I am using Bobbin Line thread by Fil-Tec in the creamy tan batik fabric, also in the blue, and Glide in the pink.  Bobbin Line is very comparable to Bottom Line by Superior Threads in that they are both somewhat shiny polyester and 60 wt.  I use Glide quite a bit but this is my first go with Bobbin Line.  I'm really liking it so far.  I'm sure I will use it again - my only gripe being I wish they had more colors!


Using my blue 12/13" arc I bought from Quilts on the Corner for curved cross hatching and below, the sort of feathered ray curved design with the pearls...I used Linda Hrcka's swag ruler again.  I'll try and post a photo of all the rulers I used for this when I'm done.


I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and hopefully you're not in the path of the blizzard!  We've got quite a bit of snow here and I'm longing for spring...  :)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Your work is stunning.

Soapstone Quilts said...

Just beautiful!! I'll be looking forward to your post with photos and info about all the rulers and tools you end up using! :)

Sewing Junkie said...

Valerie, Look how much you have progressed since you got the longarm. Remember you only have 32 days until Spring officially comes. We will see if it is warm then. Chris