Saturday, August 30, 2014

Barbara's Roseville Album - Finished!

I am thrilled to share that I am finally finished with Barbara's Roseville Album!  Here are a few photographs...












I think it turned out really fantastic - I am thrilled!  I have a few small details to touch up before it returns home - it has been a HUGE undertaking but I'm thrilled with the results.

 I used gray and white Invisifil thread by Wonderfil for the entire quilt...I went through five water soluble markers.  Marking the quilt top took me an entire day - around 10 hours - and another day to day and a half to bury threads, remove markings.  I'm running on coffee and diet coke at the moment so it's time to take a rest!!!  Wheew!  But I was thrilled with this so I had to share.  :)

9 comments:

Lara B. said...

Oh Valerie this is just incredibly beautiful! I hope Barbara has plans to show her quilt because the two of you can win prizes together!
I think my favorite part here is that narrow feathered inner border you did. I can only imagine the amount of care and effort you took, but you did so great with the whole quilt!

Fonda Boyd said...

Wow that is absolutely beautiful. A lot of work went into that. Awesome

Marty G said...

Your work is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Michele said...

Wow! That is jaw dropping gorgeous. Congrats on a fabulous finish.

Rettabug said...

Valerie, this just takes my breath away!!! Such intricate, detailed work...by BOTH of you!!
This is a stunner & a ribbon winner, for sure.
I wish we lived closer, so I could visit & watch over your shoulder, as you work.

Andrea @ The Champ Life said...

You should be thrilled! You did an amazing job- the quilting is just stunning! It's been really fun to see bits and pieces of the quilt on Instagram- so cool to see the whole thing here. Enjoy it!

Annie said...

Sooo very beautiful, lovely,lovely quilting!

Anonymous said...

Perfect stitching for this masterpiece, Valorie!!!! Definitely heirloom quality!! Invisafil is my fave thread these days, too!!! You've come a long ways, Baby!!! LOL! Hugs................

Diane E W said...

OMG! This quilt and your quilting is just down right gorgeous. What rulers did you use for your scallops? Will have to try that thread.