Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Fabric Dye and Whole Cloth Progress




So much has been going on in my life lately and I've been racing around trying to keep up with everything.  Yesterday was miserably hot - I was just dripping with sweat no matter where I went.  It had finally cooled down around midnight so I sewed for a little bit...I really love how my little whole cloth is turning out!  I had some issues with the marking pen - transferring the design from the pattern accurately, so I think in the future I will mark directly onto the quilt top.  The only thing I'm unhappy with is that my circles aren't uniform so I may go back and rip those out.  I'm not looking forward to it though as those stitches are super tiny!


This morning the baby and I woke up early to go grocery shopping and guess what arrived?  FINALLY???  My fabric dye?!!  I ordered this from Dharma Trading Company - I'm super impressed with the packing.  The prices considering the size of the dye containers is great too.  I'm itching to play with these but I have some things I must finish up first.  It is supposed to rain all week so maybe if I shake my rear and do a little rain dance in the back yard we can get those clouds to move along and I can get to my fabric dyeing fun!!!  :)




1 comment:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You do lovely work. Yes, we have that same 'isolated T storms' weather watch for the next 2 weeks - and heat - and humidity.