Sunday, March 3, 2013

Quilts 2013 at Lake Farm Park

Every year for the past ten years now my Mother and I try to make it to Kirtland, Ohio to see the quilt show at Lake Metroparks Farm Park.  It is a lot of fun!  This year my Mom couldn't make it with me so my oldest daughter was my "quilt date".  :)

There were a lot of great quilts this year!!!  There are every year...but it's been really fun over the years watching the progression of the quilts as they each year increase in complexity of design and quilting.  This one was probably my favorite of the show...it's wool and maybe fleece?  The black areas were very scrappy and quilted up just beautifully.


Another beauty...


This was my daughter's favorite shown below.  It's called "Ruff Around the Edges".  LOL*  TOO cute!






The picture doesn't do the blue and white quilt below justice.  It's intensely  hand quilted and just so beautiful.

I think this has to be the most creative hankie quilt I have seen!!!  I think it was called Brides.


Love those new york beauty quilts...there's usually a few in every show...this one the colors are right up my alley!!!


Apparently the daughter thought this was a good background for a picture.  Note the low angle of the photographer!!!!  ;)





The quilt above was made by a member of my quilt guild and she took home third place.  What a beauty!








After a few hundred quilts we stayed for lunch!  The daughter thought this another opportunity for a photo shoot!  ;)



Seriously, the best quilt date ever.  ;)


Below, another quilt by a member of my quilt guild.  I'm surrounded by ribbon winners!!  I guess I have the right pals huh?


Below, another ribbon winning  Judy Niemeyer design - her quilts are taking over the WORLD!!  :)


This was the judges best of show - and a pretty impressive quilt!!!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That, truly, is one impressive show and how wonderful that you could spend time with your daughter! Sometimes I think of what it would have been like to have a daughter but then I remember how much time I spend with my sons while on my motorcycle and they are on their's! My passion is for both activities! Great post! Hugs to you!!!!

Suzy said...

Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. Looks like it was a fun girls' day out. :o)

Michele said...

Such absolutely stunning quilts. Thanks for sharing them.

Teresa said...

Looks like a fun day and such beautiful quilts. Thanks for sharing the pictures.