Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Quilting the Dresden Plate Quilt


Working on my oldest daughter's quilt while I wait for some tops coming in the mail.  Trying to catch up on housework this week as my middle daughter had a temperature all weekend.  Besides the short stint to the quilt show it's been a pretty uneventful weekend.  Grocery shopping, cleaning, catching up on the boring, but necessary things in life!  ;)


I really love how this is coming along.  I am still going back and forth as to how I'm going to quilt the sashings.  I love my feathers but this quilt is for my daughter so I want something that feels young.  I was thinking maybe some of those fancier modern feathers?  If you could see the quilting from the back it has a very whimsical, kind of, fantasy flower feeling happening.  I was nervous using such a contrasting thread on the back.  I bought a thread that blended but it was too dark and you could see the purple through the holes the needle makes.  So I just went ahead and did neutral tan for bobbin and top.  I think it looks pretty good! Definitely the best pebbles I've been able to do on the long arm to date.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

What a beauty! I'd love to see it in person!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh...It is beautiful!!!

Michele said...

I'm blown away. Very cool.