Thursday, March 21, 2013

One More of Laura's and A Happy Birthday From Hubby

Here's the last of three quilts Laura sent me, just before it went home to her.  I wanted to get some better photos of this one but ran short on time.  This was the first time I used this swirling circle effect and I think it turned out really great with the echoing around the applique.


I just LOVE the texture!!  I am so glad spring is here so I will hopefully get some good afternoon sun for photographing.


Even on the frame the swirls give off to me a really whimsical prim feel that I think works well.



Thank you again Laura for sending your quilts!  These were so much fun!

I did want to post a little photo of the sweet gifts the Husband gave me for my birthday too...isn't he awesome?  This isn't everything but boy, he's got me pegged.  That ruler there is the "Navigator" that some of my quilting pals have inquired about.  I know it is made by USAUS - but that's about all I know.  There is a video on YouTube demonstrating how to use it - and I did try it out!  It's tricky!!!


Have a great day out in blogland!!  Hopefully I'll have some pictures for you tomorrow or the next day of the Sewing and Quilt Expo in Cleveland!!!

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just a wonderful quilt - I love the circle quilting, did two quilts with almost the same pattern - really great texture.

Sewing Junkie said...

Looks like your making great progress with the longarm.Looks like you are having fun with it. Chris

Kelly Grace said...

Have fun at the Expo! We are moving my sister this weekend or I'd be going too!

Michele said...

Love the swirls! Enjoy the show. I can't wait to see your pictures.