Thursday, February 23, 2012

It Was Worth The Sacrifice


One of my worst sewing fears happened today.  I stitched right through my finger.  Right through the tip...string and all.  Luckily it broke off with enough end for me to pull it out with tweezers.  If it hadn't hurt so badly I would have taken a gruesome picture!!!  LOL*  I found it funny that the thread stayed attached and still through the eye of the needle when it came out the other side!  LOL*



In any case it's time to take a break.  I've been having some tension issues and now that my left middle finger is wrapped in bandaids I'm that much more frustrated.  Need to walk away for a few hours.  Here's the progress so far...


5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oooh yikes! To quote my husband , "Um that would really hurt for a long time!" He doesn't miss a beat, that one ;o)
I've talked with people who let their cats on the table when they're quilting... imagine if they caught a paw in the machine!!

Wendy said...

Welcome to the sewn finger club! And boy does it hurt when you do that. I have found that if I soak it in Epsom salt it is not as sore. Take a break and relax a bit.

~Kristie said...

Ow, ow, ow, ouch! That's one thing I haven't done and cringe whenever I hear/read about that happening! Your quilting is sure pretty, though :)

Jen said...

Doesn't help much to say "been there done that" eh? The hurt, the surprise, and the wonder that it could happen at all. I was much younger when it happened to me, probably in my teens. I still remember like it was yesterday - probably because I am so afraid of it happening again! Hope it's better soon :)

nlcalendar said...

As a member of the sewn finger club, I feel your pain, literally. My needle went down through my fingernail and out the otherside. Luckily my husband pulled out the two pieces. So...keep all your hands and toes inside the vehicle ;-) Marilyn