Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Big Purple Monster...Returns


Uggggghhh!  THIS QUILT!!!  I do love this quilt, but for the better half of three years it has made me smille, made me CRY, made me pull out my hair...but guess what?  I'm ALMOST done!  It's all basted up and ready to be quilted.  Although, had I known when I dropped nearly $50 on the perfect batik backing that batik backed quilts made with mainly batik fabrics could create a challenge for quilting...I might have gone with a nice mottled/marble instead.  Oh well.  What the hell I'll give it a shot.

I know I've promised this as a pattern to many, and I will get there!  Directions will be minimal but as always leave me a message or drop me an email and I'll help as best I can.  I will let you all know here when I've listed the foundation pattern on Etsy.  ;)

Now I'm off...the Husband may or may not have strep throat or tonsillitis or both.  Lol*  In any case the poor man is miserable so off to the Doctor. 

1 comment:

nlcalendar said...

Love that quilt! I would love instructions to how to make it too, if you are adding to your list. It looks plenty challenging for my skills, but wouldlove to give it a try. Thanks, Marilyn