Monday, December 27, 2010

Compass with Circular Geese...Again :)




You're probably getting sick of seeing this quilt...but every time I add even a small section to it, it just comes more and more alive! I just have to share...I'm adding the corners to make it square and give a lil' extra aqua kick. Looks like I'm not going to get it done in time for the quilt show, but I want to finish it right rather than just hurry it up to get it entered. Maybe next year? Lol* I need to run to the store for more yellow, and I decided on appliqueing the center star but need to pick up some more thread. I am already envisioning the quilting...I'm thinking feathers in these corners with a varigated thread. I have never done anything like that before, so I'm excited!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I have always liked the circular geese. Beautiful block that you are working on.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I can't sew a straight line. I gave up on sewing when I was in high school, and made a dress with the back seam that was crooked. Sometimes, I think I may try again, and sew some bags. I'd need to get my sewing machine unburied and worked on.

All of the things on these posts look beautiful! I am in awe of your skills!

Karee said...

You do beautiful designs and your craftsmanship is excellent. Thank you for sharing the steps of your creations as they come to life.