Saturday, June 27, 2009

My Veggie Garden on July 3rd 2009

Hydrangea...this didn't bloom last year so I'm SO excited to see these gorgeous flowers forming!

The very untidy and crammed veggie patch. I did many things wrong this year, but now I know for next year. I am really enjoying watching things grow. Next year I will expand this by two or even three times it's size...it's been a lot of fun and I think, to actually get frood from your garden is just an incredible thought. :) I am thoroughly enjoying just watching the seeds turn into these masses of plants...it's amazing.


The pumpkins are flowering, how exciting is that?! I am going to try to hand pollinate them since I sprayed them with bug spray...whoops. I didn't know the bugs were necessary for pollination! LOL* I haven't found any female flowers yet, but from what I've been reading that's normal...so, just waiting. :)

Hope those bush beans can make it a few more weeks before being completely eveloped by pumpkin vines.


4 comments:

Pat said...

Nice garden!

Orcsmom said...

I agree, homegrown always tastes best! I have containers for my garden due to the dog! I also have a planter box with our salad greens, and what a difference between store bought lettiuce and homegrown. And, I also prefer to grow from seed. I enjoyed your pictures your shared. Good luck iwth the pollenation!

Libby said...

Looks great! I'm in the same boat - I planted pumpkins and potatoes together . . . . I had no idea how much room those pumpkins would take. I hope the potatoes make it *s*

Stephanie D said...

I've never planted pumpkins, but I am impressed with how big and gorgeous your plants are! Maybe next year!