Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Jane's Border Creek Station Mystery Quilt


I finished Jane's Border Creek Station mystery quilt late last night and I'm so very pleased with the outcome!  I was a little nervous with the density of those pebbles but I think with the striped/piano key border quilting it turned out very even.  I love the texture this gives - Jane sent her own Tuscany Wool batting and it always quilts up beautifully.


The back is so pretty - almost a whole cloth in itself!  I really love neutral backings that show off the pretty quilting...they also show off the mistakes too...but let's just pretend I live in a world where I never ever EVER make those!  :)


Above is the full view photo that Jane sent me - along with a bare bones mock up I sent her.  I had an idea of what I wanted to do - and I wanted to get her opinion on pebbling before I went through and drew pebbles all over this quilt!  Luckily she is a gal who enjoys pretty pebbles just like me!


I did one border with this flourish so that it looks as if the quilting is traveling out and around and framing the quilt from this one point.  I really love it!


I used darn near a full 3,000 yard cone of Bottom Line thread on this quilt - fresh and new from the package!  There might be enough left on the cone now to fill two or three bobbins...those pebbles take up a lot of thread.  





I'm so happy with the way this one turned out.  I've got the feather itch now though - and good thing too as the next quilt is going to be full of them!

5 comments:

Leeanne said...

Magic! Lots of pebbling!

Hedy said...

Your work is exquisite!

Patsy said...

Absolutely beautiful machine quilting!

Michele said...

Really pretty!

Sherri said...

Valerie, this is seeewwww BEAUTIFUL! The quilting is exquisite as are all of the pebbling. You have captured the essence and feel of the design, and enhanced it without taking anything away.
I love it.

Sherri
Border Creek Station Pattern Company