Thursday, July 16, 2015

Cheryl's Sew Spooky - Finished!

Woohoo!  My third Sew Spooky quilt is on the books, I had a great time working on this.  I kind of thought I might get bored only because I've quilted it so many times - but I really didn't!  I had a lot of fun!


I think part of the fun was in thinking up new designs for blocks I have already quilted.  I love the design process.


At Cheryl's request I used double batting (and I am so glad she asked because I LOVE the definition of double batting) - it really helped fill the appliques with little or no quilting.  Love this look!

I used Glide thread in black, orange, and a tan color called "wheat" for the entire quilt.  The majority of the ditch work was with "wheat".




I really love diagonal lines - though of course you need to space them as accurately as possible, I think with a quilt like this with an almost folk art feeling, I didn't worry if they weren't absolutely perfect.  Just neat and not distracting...my goal was to give this quilt life with textures - not just quilt it o death.

I think it turned out great!  I love this quilt!  

I am catching up on emails over the next week - I found about a dozen stuck in my spam folder, so if I didn't reply to yours I apologize!  I have some big exciting things happening over here that I'm thrilled to share with you...I've been quiet I know, but absolutely working the entire time!  :)


6 comments:

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

You Think right!!!!! It is more than great...stunning!!!!

Leeanne said...

fabulous quilting! I look forward to reading your exciting news!

glassbylindi.blogspot.com said...

Lovely job! Keep up the great work! L

Hedy said...

Your work is just beautiful.

BT helpline number said...

Good job! Keep it up.... Such a nice post. Keep sharing.....

Michele said...

As expected this one turned out adorable!