Friday, July 25, 2014

Cindy's Quilt Finished - Deja Vu Panto

I am SO happy with how this quilt turned out!  I have an older APQS and I am not sure if it is an early design flaw or simple wearing from being an older used machine but I have always struggled with pantographs.  Being that Urban Elementz has given me the amazing opportunity to co-design for them, I wanted to use my pantographs and have them come out just as pretty as all my other quilts!  AH!  So I spent some time fiddling with my  machine trying to come up with a solution, and I bought a few aluminum strips that I use as a support so that I can stitch without the table on my machine.  OH what a difference it made!!!  No more womply curves - and a whole new world of quilting has just opened for me!  :)

Here is Cindy's gorgeous quilt (she always sends amazing quilts, truly!) with Deja Vu stitched out onto it...





Oh I am just so happy with how elegant it came out.  I am in love.  :)  I'm so happy that Cindy was also pleased too and I am thinking I might put together a few baby quilts and use some of my new pantographs on.  Yay!

Waiting for my roll of batting to arrive and I will be working next on Bobbie's Sew Spooky quilt - she has been waiting for MONTHS and I bet she is super excited to see some photos!  I am excited too!  :)

Happy Quilting!

- Valerie

5 comments:

Lara B. said...

Valerie this is a wonderful quilt and you took it to an even higher level with your quilting! I am always so impressed with you!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I really like that design.

Dora, the Quilter said...

Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting. (Which Cindy? Just curious.)

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Awwwwe Valerie...your work is stunning!

Michele said...

Really nice. I'm waiting for my new laser to arrive so that I can start doing pantos from the front of my machine.