Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cindy's Stunning Sampler

I just have to say - I love this quilt!!!  My quilting friend Cindy made this for her daughter - and I sure hope she is pleased with the final quilting results!  :)  It is soooo beautiful.  I love the traditional sampler blocks mixed with a very modern feeling sashing...it is just soooo my taste in color and blocks all the way around!!!  :)


Cindy is known for making large quilts - and this one did not disappoint!  88" by 110" I believe were the dimensions?  HUGE.  :)

 




I was very proud of finding a thread that looked good on the front and the back!  Both the aqua and green blended right into the backing fabric.  I used Hobbs 80/20 batting for this and Glide Thread.

 

Wheew!  I have another heavy intense custom to work on next, but in my down time I'm hoping to make some progress on my next attempt at a show quilt and Disney dresses.  I have sewing sewing and then more sewing to do!!!  :)  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!  :)

5 comments:

beth said...

I just love my quilt you and my momma did an amazing job I love the colors and pattern sooo much and im soo glad I have a talented mom who makes me beautiful quilts to have forever

Sewing Junkie said...

Another stunner! Chris

Patsy said...

You have gotten so good at being able to "divide up" space on a quilt to create interesting secondary designs with your quilting. Really nice job!

Lisa D. said...

What a beautiful quilt! And your quilting is absolutely beautiful.

Michele said...

I'm speechless as usual.