Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Sharon's Quilt Finished! :)

Yay!  I just finished quilting up Sharon's quilt...I'm off to trim it and send it back home.  :)



I used Sigma thread on this quilt - which I find to be a lot like Isacord although Sigma tends to come off the spool too fast for my machine.  I use a thread net...but still I get looping on the bottom which is a real pain because then I have to go back afterwards and tuck those babies back into the quilt.  I had a very nice woman approach me at a local meeting recently asking about some looping on the underside of her quilt that she had just had long armed by another quilter...I didn't think to suggest to her it might be the thread!  There are a number of things that can cause looping when free motion quilting or long arm quilting...lint is another possibility and also burrs.  I know in this case it was the thread because it is a recurring issue I have with Sigma that I don't really have with any other thread.  Glide does require a gentler touch - but it is my favorite thread by far.  :)


I do love look of this thread though - especially with fancy intricate quilting...the shininess just looks like pearl to me...it's elegant!  :)  LOL









Tonight I will start loading up Monica's quilt...she sent me two beauties to work on.  I am excited to get going too because they are going to be just lovely.  :)  Also hoping to start squeezing in some work on my dahlia quilt.  Deadlines are fast approaching and I've been so busy I haven't touched it!  Eek!  :)

6 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just too gorgeous - thank you for such a magnificant job on my Country Charmer. Binding is waiting!!

Sewing Junkie said...

Your ability to come up with this talent is inspiring. Chris

Mary said...

Beautiful quilting. Sharon calls it "frosting" Love that!

Teresa in Music City said...

Gorgeous work as always!!!!

Michele said...

Just fantastic work. Nicely done.

Seams Sew Together said...

Gorgeous quilting!!