Friday, September 27, 2013

Susan's Quilt - Finished! Oh and my hair is blue...

Yay!  I finished Susan's quilt yesterday - wheeeew this one took a little while!  :)


I stitched in the ditch around each piece of patchwork and each border and we went with a loftier two layers of batting.  Boy did that make for great texture!  Every small white area was filled with a unique design...






I have also been sharing pictures on Instagram and Twitter.  If you search #pumpkinpatchquilter you will find me!  :)

It's been CRAZY busy around here!  I'm so thrilled and honored that quilts are coming in - I can't tell you how great it is to know that someone has enough faith in you and your ability to send their quilt clear across the country for you to quilt.  I absolutely LOVE quilting - and it just means the world to me.

Exciting news other than quilts?  Well, I haven't worked on my projects AT ALL!  LOL  I did set aside some time to work tonight on my own projects and I did put myself into the schedule.  It just hasn't come around yet.

Oh yes!  I got to meet Darlene from I Quilt Scarlet and Gray!  What a sweet and talented lady!  She lives not too far from me and stopped by for our guild meeting on Monday night when we had Suzi Parron.  Boy was that a fun time!  Suzi was wonderful - she is a great speaker and she really  motivated many of the women to want to start our own Barn Quilt Trail.  I think my two tiny barns need a barn quilt don't you?  Here's a photo of Suzi with her books...I tell you she just seems like the kind of lady you could sit and chat with for hours!  :)



Let's see what else - I did do something silly!!  I dyed my hair!  BLUE!  Not all of it, just the ends...and I put it up in a bun or a ponytail on top of my head and you can't see it anymore...but it is cute!  Pretty blue to go with my pretty blue nail polish!  LOL

Here's the pretty and altered photo thanks to Picasa!


The real version!!!  I had worked all day and my daughter's eyes were just about to shut...not the best photo!!!  But, you can see my blue hair!  LOL  :)


What have you been up to?  :)

7 comments:

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful quilting! I really like that you have a variation in the quilting of the light areas. Adds sooo much visual yumminess to the quilt.
Your blue hair is quite fun. A couple weeks ago I was scheduling an appointment and the receptionist had brunette hair, shoulder length, with the mid-point to end, gradated dyed aqua green to blue. It was quite fun too; it matched perfectly with her multi-blue framed glasses.
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Beautifull dressing on that quilt. I remember going thru a time with very short spiky hair - different coloured.

JoAnne said...

Great job quilting! If hers is done does that mean that mine is next? (I'm not excited or anything, ha ha.) The hair is really fun.

Miriam said...

Congratulations on the finished quilt.
I love your quilting! Beautiful!

Michele said...

The quilting is fantastic and the blue hair reminds me of my former neighbor that would always do a sliver on the top of her head in support of yer Yankees and Giants.

Teresa said...

Is your hair still blue? I LOVE IT.

Andrea said...

no comment on the quilting (it's wonderful) all I need to say, is Love your hair! I have always wanted a blue chunk of hair underneath just so it's peaks out.