Monday, April 22, 2013

Thrift Shop Blogging Finds

Today was the day Hubby and I get to spend sometime together bumming around town.  We hit the local thrift shops...look at my score!


Any idea what this block is?  I'm guessing it's a kaleidoscope of some sort.  Stack n' whack?  It looks really familiar.  It's fun yet bittersweet when I find these in the bins at Goodwill.  The sad part is it was there for one of two reasons...the owner couldn't stand looking at it anymore, or what I suspect, somebody passed away. There was a huge stack of these - though two I found had some sort of yucky powdery mildew on them.  I tossed those but the rest seem intact and clean.  I think there's enough here to put together a pretty good sized quilt.  This fabric isn't old either...I recognize some of it being still in the store.


Look at some of those gorgeous blocks?  I believe it was meant to come home with me.  :)  I think this will make a really fun quilt to play with on the long arm.


OH!  Look at this little cute bit that was stuffed into the bag...isn't this cute?  I'm going to do something with it for my little sewing area.  :)


Thank you all for the wonderful comments on my recent quilt.  Wheew it was a toughie to get through!  I had a lot of thread breaks and things weren't turning out at first how I wanted, so I got VERY frustrated.  My APQS forum pals really cheered me up and set me back on the right path, and I'm happy with the results.  I had so many nice compliments when I took it in tonight at quilt guild and that made my day.

Tonight and tomorrow I'm working on another of Laura's quilts.  She is so kind and trusting of me!  I've got some fun ideas planned for it and really excited to get started.

Hope all is well out there in blog land!  Happy Monday! :)

3 comments:

carolyn said...

They look like fussy cut blocks to me. I found some similar ( green and red ) at a garage sale a few years back. Not as many though. It's one of my favs!!!!
Can't wait to see your finish.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You have some very pretty kaleidoscope blocks there - you can do a google search of such quilts to give you an idea of how to set them.

Anonymous said...

"Stack and Whack" would be my guess! I haven't done one but I have so many friends who have and the results are so amazing! Hard to believe how one fabric can produce such totally varied patterns! Love the little 'bonus', too! Hugs, D