Thursday, February 14, 2013

Thread and Uses in Your Quilts

Hey guys!  I'm back with another thread post!  It almost seems just easier making videos these days than writing!!!  If you like the videos please speak up so I know if I should continue making them...plus I would love to hear from you guys!

I've been working on those feathers on the long arm!!  You know how I love my feathers.  This is just a practice piece.  I am having SO much fun.  I'm waiting for my next quilt due to arrive in the mail any day now  and I think later this evening I'm going to try a whole cloth mini of feathers.  The only downside to having a long arm and finishing up all those quilts that have been laying around...now I have TONS of bindings to put on!


Here's the 3-part video on thread - let me know your thoughts!  My next video I will demonstrate how I make feathers on the domestic machine.  :)

Edited to add:  Threads covered in these videos include Coats and Clark Polyester Embroidery Thread, Isacord, Coats and Clark Cotton Quilting Thread, Coats and Clark Bobbin Thread, Superior Threads So Fine!, Connecting Threads Embroidery Threads, Sulky Embroidery Threads.  More to come!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val...great job on the 3 videos! For something like this, visual media is the way to go! Look forward to hearing your eval on the threads coming. I have been doing Coates poly/cotton in the bobbin (no lint) and CT, Sulky, Aurifil, etc on top with good results. Lint is so hard on any machine (eats up all the lubrication!!!!!) and, now, there's no lint with this thread. Haven't figured the $$ but I have so much reg. sewing thread that needs to be used that I figured this is a good way to do it! Thoroughly enjoyed the video and actually hearing your voice....keep up the great work! Hugs, Doreen

Michele said...

Wow you are a real great source of info on threads. I appreciate it so much. So now here is the big 1000 dollar question....since I am just now starting to quilt on my domestic machine, which thread would you pick at the #1 and then what would be your #2 choice if you can't get #1 or it doesn't have the color you want? I really don't want to have to spend the time and money to try out everything on the market plus that is way too confusing.

Once you try all the long arm thread options I'd love to hear too which are your #1 and #2 choices.

Hey we all love to learn from what others have already figure out!