Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Way to Go Walmart!!!

I received this in the mail yesterday...FABRICS ARE BACK!  YAY!!!


Woohoo!!!  There has been a lot of talk about Walmart getting rid of their fabric and crafts department and selling just prepackaged precut fabric...looks as if all the petitions and letters paid off!!!  I know I for one cannot afford to make all of my projects from quilt shop fabric, though I love to patronize our area shops.  Also having lower cost fabric and supplies allows me to offer some of my quilts and crafts at lower prices, so everyone can enjoy hand made items.  Way to go Walmart!!!

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

WOW I live in Georgia and all of the Walmarts in my area has gotten rid of there Fabric and crafting supplies. I was so upset when that happened. But I still have Hobby Lobby, Micheals and JoAnns. I am so glad for you.

quiltingnana said...

yes, sometimes "cheaper" fabrics are just right for little wallhangings or placemats that I know will be spilled upon!

Kathy said...

I found out last week our Wal-Mart is keeping their fabrics! I often use their fabric for small projects and was glad to hear this!

Myra said...

That is awesome Valerie!! I sure hope our Walmarts in Canada follow up with that too!!