Saturday, March 26, 2011

Gardening Season Has Begun!


This was not an easy task in maternity jeans. Lol* The gardening season has officially begun for me, and only 5 weeks before baby Emma is due. ;)

Inside my less than pleasing to the eye chicken wire contraption are carrots. I have two enemies this year - rabbits and raccoons! The rabbits like to eat my carrots down to a nub killing the plant before I get anything to eat. So I buried this chicken wire as best I could and planted my carrot seeds. Outside on either side inbetween my make shift stake markers are peas. Nobody seemed to bother my peas last year so I'll take my chances. Raccoons had fun in my corn a few years back but I have yet to think up a good defense against them...that I can afford anyhow! ;)
After trudging through all that heavy muddy dirt I'm pooped. At least I have two things in though. Lol* My goal for the rest of the week is to get some of the yard cleaned up, start working on clearing out the debris from the perennial beds and get my spinach and radishes planted. If you know me at all though, you know how I am with plans. LOL* So we shall see what the week brings.

2 comments:

Pat said...

We have trouble with squirrels when we plant a veggie garden....they can climb over anything, it seems. *sigh*

julieQ said...

Someone...or something...is eating my strawberries!!! Don't you just love gardening??